Aradippou is within easy access and close proximity between Larnaka, Larnaka Airport and Nicosia.
Overview of Aradippou Municipality
One of the leading municipalities in civil weddings in Cyprus handling all your requirements in the most sophisticated and delicate way, smoothing out even the last detail for you so that you may rejoice at your special day in style and luxury.
Many couples celebrate their marriage in Aradippou Municipality and enjoy their holiday in the beautiful island of Aphrodite.
The ceremony takes place in a purpose arranged and designed hall in the Municipality or outside, at the garden on any weekday from Monday to Friday. Alternative place for civli marriage ceremony is at the Kaimakliotis Museum. The marriage is conducted by the Marriage Officer who can be either the Mayor, Vice Mayor or any member of the municipal council authorised by the Mayor in writing for this purpose, as well as any person appointed by the Minister of Interior for the purpose of this law.
In order for a marriage to be valid pursuant to the provisions of above law, it should also fulfil the following conditions:
- Marriage is celebrated as a result of both persons' free consent.
- No previous marriage is in effect for any of the two persons involved.
- Both persons should be over 18 years of age unless special conditions apply which are specified by the law.
Notice of marriage and accompanying documents
Persons desiring to contract a marriage shall appear before the Marriage Office of Aradippou Municipality and shall give a notice called "notice of intended marriage" signed by them. The notice expresses their wish to be married and contains their particulars. Along with the notice of intended marriage they should also present the original documents that are required for the proof/certification of the statement that they make with the above mentioned notice. The documents that are required for each one of the two persons are the following:
For citizens of Cyprus
- Official document that proves his/her identity, like I.D. card or passport.
- Certificate of his marital status, that is to say official certificate that indicates that he/she is not bound by another marriage and he/she is free to marry. Such documents can be as follows:
- If he/she is unmarried, should provide a certificate that proves his/her status.
- If he/she was married before but have divorced, then an original certificate duly signed and stamped by the Family Court Registrar stating that the divorce is final and irrevocable should be provided.
- Certificate of death of spouse, in the event that he/she was married but his/her spouse has died.
- Copy of sworn affidavit at any court of law within the Republic of Cyprus by each person stating their present marital status, i.e. that he/she is unmarried, divorced or widowed and the name of the person he/she wishes to marry. In the event of divorce or death of spouse, he/she has to declare that afterwards the divorce or spouse death no other marriage has taken place. The original should be deposited in the Marriage Registry and is valid for one month from the day of issue.
If the Marriage Officer has any doubt for the accuracy or validity of documents presented, he may decline to celebrate the marriage. Alternatively, in such case the officer can require that a certificate from the Marriage Registrar be produced certifying that the person in question has not been married in the Republic of Cyprus according to the "Marriage Law of 2003", or he/she has not registered a religious marriage in the said period. The certification of Marriage Registrar has validity of 2 months from issue date.
Also based on provisions of other legislation, it is recommended that they bring Certification of Control of Thalassemia.
For foreign nationals
- Valid Passport
- Copy of certificate of birth translated in English or Greek from official authority of his/her country or from the Press and Information Office of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Certificate of marital status, that is to say if he/she is unmarried, divorced or widowed, issued by an official authority of his/her country.
- The above certificate is valid for 6 months from date of issue and it should be translated in Greek or English. The translation can be done by the Press and Information Office of Cyprus or by an official authority of his/her country.
- The original Certificate of marital status and the official translation should be submitted together.
- Also, the certificate of marital status should be legalised. The best form of legalisation is with Apostille seal, if their country has signed the "Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, of 5 October 1961". In opposite case, it will be required that he/she resorts to an official authority of his/her country for the necessary legalisation.
- Original of sworn affidavit at any court of law within the Republic of Cyprus by each person stating their present marital status, i.e. that he/she is unmarried, divorced or widowed and the name of the person he/she wishes to marry. In the event of divorce or death of spouse, he/she has to declare that afterwards the divorce or spouse death no other marriage has taken place. The affidavit is valid for one month from the day of issue.
- The original divorce document, in the case of divorced person stating that the divorce is final and irrevocable duly signed and stamped and officially translated in Greek or English either by the Press and Information Office of Cyprus or from an official authority of his/her country. The original divorce document and the official translation should be submitted together.
- Certificate of death of spouse, in the event that he/she was married but their spouse has died.The certificate should be officially translated in Greek or English either by the Press and Information Office of Cyprus or from an official authority of his/her country. The original document and the official translation should be submitted together.
According to article 34 of the "Marriage Law of 2003", any person who wilfully makes or inserts any false statement in any declaration, certificate or other document required by the law to be made or issued shall be liable to imprisonment or heavy fine or both.
Process of marriage
Provided that the interested parties bring the notice of intended marriage with all essential accompanying documents, the marriage can proceed either through the regular process of notification or through a faster procedure.
According to this process, the Marriage Officer issues the certificate of service and fixing date and place of celebration of marriage. The date of celebration of the marriage should be 15 days after issue but no later than 3 months after submission of the application. The fees for the celebration of marriage for the regular process are €128,15.
If the couple has special reason and wishes to conduct marriage before the minimum deadline of 15 days, they can ask to be wedded in 2-3 days and at least earlier than the 15 days deadline. Provided that the Marriage Officer deems fit, he can approve the request. In such case the couple should pay increased fees that amount in the sum of €281,92.
The marriage ceremony is very simple. The ceremony is carried out in the presence of at least two witnesses and it begins with the Marriage Officer reading a special text. Then the couple make in a public and festive way their declaration of their intention to get married. Finally the Marriage Officer pronounces them man and wife.
Immediately upon the celebration of the marriage the Marriage Officer issues a certificate of marriage in three copies signed by himself, by the parties to the marriage and by at least two witnesses. The original certificate of marriage is given to the married couple, the second copy is delivered within 7 days to the Marriage Registrar to be filed and the third copy is filed in the Municipality's Register.
When the parties or one of them is a citizen of a foreign country, which has an embassy or consulate in Cyprus the Marriage Officer sends a copy of the marriage certificate, signed by him to the embassy or the consulate of such country.
The married couple can also have a true copy of the marriage certificate on payment of a fee of €13.67.
The Aradippou Municipality offers FREE transport from the Larnaca International Airport to the municipality and after the ceremony to any hotel in Cyprus.
CIVIL MARRIAGES TAKE PLACE DAILY BETWEEN 08.30 - 13.00.
While you are in Aradippou you can visit the "Kaimakliotis Museum"..
Best For Whom:
Is this your business?From€30
Reach a greater audience and beat your competition!
Don't miss out, contact us today about our Upgraded Premium Services
- Videos & Virtual Tours
- Award winning & Trusted
- Photo Gallery
- Local experts
- Global and local audience
- Cost effective